We believe that effective corporate governance & board development is a key enabler of business success, so we work with companies of all sizes to ensure they have an appropriate strategy in place.
Challenges faced by organisations:
The absence of an effective Board may be acceptable in the early stages of the business; but external investors will want to see appropriate checks and balances in place when they invest.
However, many leaders of high growth companies do not understand how to develop an effective board and have difficulty in maintaining the discipline of separating the roles of shareholders, directors and management.
For companies that have been operating an independent board for some time, a review of board effectiveness often reveals that it is not operating as it should do… this can especially be an issue where there is domain CEO or Founder.
Benefits of SKCI’s Board Development service:
- SKCI’s consultants have experience of a range of sizes of business, so we have the knowledge to tailor our recommendation to your company’s needs.
- Finding the right structure is particularly important for high growth businesses where applying the governance systems from a multi-national could stop the business in its tracks; equally larger organisations will require more structure including a range of board committees.
- Balancing the needs and interests of shareholders from management and customers through to suppliers, financiers, government and the community isn’t a simple task. We help you to put the right processes in place to ensure successful outcomes.
- We understand that time is of the essence and we are able to move quickly to help you implement effective corporate governance in a timely manner.
How does SKCI deliver Board Development for your company?
A project will often start with a review of board effectiveness. Once this has been completed, we work with the relevant people (generally the CEO or the shareholders) to develop a Board Development Plan with an agreed timetable and deliverables.
The range of services in the Board Development Plan includes:
- Review of the board composition and effectiveness.
- Review of the adequacy of company secretarial activities.
- Defining the appropriate separation of roles and responsibilities for shareholders, directors, management and other stakeholders.
- Where applicable, we can supply an interim board Chair or Non-Executive Directors.
- Assisting shareholders and board members to source suitable permanent candidates for board positions (including Non-Executive Director or and Board Chairman).
- Balancing the needs and interests of shareholders, from management and customers through to suppliers, financiers, government and the community isn’t a simple task. We help you to put the right processes in place to ensure successful outcomes.
ESG Strategy Development
SKCI’s experienced consultants work with your stakeholders to create a comprehensive ESG Strategy which is in alignment with your business growth goals.
Business Strategy Development
Working with SKCI will help you to move faster in developing your sustainable growth strategy, as well as facilitating a successful and effective implementation.
Many leaders of high growth companies do not understand how to develop an effective board and have difficulty in maintaining the discipline of separating the roles of shareholders, directors and management.
Latest Insight from SKCI
Blog: 3 Top Tips for Work (from home) Life Balance
Blog: 3 Top Tips for your Work (from home) Life Balance The corona virus pandemic has ushered in a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘work life balance’. With so many people working from home, home schooling and being furloughed, work and life has been thrown...
Insight Article: The Re-start – We Are All Tech Businesses Now
Insight Article: The Re-start - We Are All Tech Businesses NowAfter several months in survival mode there is a flicker of light emerging at the end of the tunnel. Lockdowns are being eased around the world and organisations are starting to discuss how, when and if...
Blog: Biohack your vagus nerve to increase stress resilience
Blog: Biohack your vagus nerve to increase stress resilience “Distress and anxiety are normal reactions to a situation as threatening and unpredictable as the coronavirus pandemic.” Sciencedirect.com In this article we are talking about ways to ‘biohack’ your vagus...