“Strategy is hard. If strategy was easy, every company would succeed, but they don’t. The important part is to learn how to think better and think differently.”
Why do YOU NEED the Accelerated Strategy Development Program?
- The world is a very different place to what it was at the start of the year.
- Even if your strategy was perfect in January 2020, the changes to markets and society as a result of the coronavirus mean that the strategy must, inevitably be out-of-date now.
- The short-term commitments of senior management are greater than ever – as they struggle to address the very real and immediate challenges of running a business that is potentially facing existential risks.
- There will be a time after coronavirus which businesses must be ready for.
- Your staff are expecting you set a new course that they can rally behind.
SKCI’s Accelerated Strategy Development Program is:
- Streamlined and time-limited (accelerated) ensuring you have an up-to-date strategy that is relevant to the needs of your business in just 4 weeks.
- Designed to be simple and speedy to implement.
- An external support system for your senior leadership team. SKCI’s Stephen Kirk, CEO and Head of Consulting, is uniquely placed to advise and support your organization…please click here to get to know Stephen better
What is the Accelerated Strategy Development Program?
SKCI’s 5 Five Key Questions (5KQ) methodology for business strategy is at the core of the Program. 5KQ is a proven and practical series of essential questions to ask yourself, and your leadership team when creating or updating your company strategy. It is grounded in high-level strategy theory and utilises the most effective strategy tools.
The bulk of the Program is structured around an intensive online workshop with your strategy development team, following which the SKCI consultants will work with your team to develop the proposals, and agree the implementation and communications programs leading up to a final presentation.
SCHEDULED STRATEGY ACTIVITY
|Introductory Meeting||Week 1||SKCI Consultants & your project lead/ CEO|
|Review & Research Current Strategy||Week 1||SKCI Consultants|
|Intensive Online Strategy Workshop||Week 2||SKCI Consultants & your Strategy Leadership Team|
|Post Workshop Research||Week 3||SKCI Consultants|
|Produce Strategy Documentation||Week 3||SKCI Consultants|
|Final Presentation and Approval||Week 4||SKCI Consultants & your Strategy Leadership Team|
What will you gain from the Accelerated Strategy Development Program?
“The tools we use help business leaders ‘think better and think differently’, so they are able to maintain the rapid pace of development themselves.”
By applying a streamlined and time-limited program based on SKCI’s 5KQ Business Strategy methodology, we guide business leaders through the strategy review and update process. Ensuring they have an ideal strategy that is relevant to the needs of their business.
The outputs will be agreed with the strategy team leader at the start of the program, and will typically include:
- Updated Mission Statement, Vision and Values
- Goals and objectives for the next 6 to 12 months
- Agreed strategies to achieve those goals
- Financial projections that align with these goals and strategies
- An agreed Implementation Plan
- Communications messages for staff and other stakeholders
- An agreed process to track strategy implementation (and make changes if needed)
These outputs will generally be supported by other documentation, including:
- SWOT and PEST Analyses
- Market and Competitor Analyses (including Porter’s Five Forces)
- Value Proposition Canvas for priority products and services
- Decision Analyses (comparison with Porter’s Generic Strategies, etc.)
Why is the Program excellent value?
SKCI’s Accelerated Strategy Development Program helps to improve business performance and ROI:
- Creates an up-to-date strategy focussed on growth and long-term business success
- Business operates with a clear direction
- Reduces senior management time required
- Reduces cost and likelihood of delays
SKCI’s Accelerated Strategy Development Program decreases likelihood of business under-performance and increases probability of achieving objectives:
- Structured around SKCI’s proven methodology (5KQ)
- Reduces risk and encourages innovation
- Results in goals and objectives for the next 6 to 12 months
- Strategies in place to achieve the business goals
- Financial projections that align with the goals
- Alignment between financial and other metrics (increases the probability of success)
- Clear set of activities for the company to prioritise
SKCI’s Accelerated Strategy Development Program increases the likelihood of successful strategy implementation, leading directly to improved business performance (seeing results quickly):
- Speedy completion (within 4 weeks) helps the management team maintain focus on the process
- Agreed strategy implementation plan
- Process to track strategy implementation (and make changes if needed)
- Communications messages for staff and other stakeholders
ESG Strategy Development
SKCI’s experienced consultants work with your stakeholders to create a comprehensive ESG Strategy which is in alignment with your business growth goals.
Business Strategy Development
Working with SKCI will help you to move faster in developing your sustainable growth strategy, as well as facilitating a successful and effective implementation.
Many leaders of high growth companies do not understand how to develop an effective board and have difficulty in maintaining the discipline of separating the roles of shareholders, directors and management.
SKCI’s Strategy Hub is your One-Stop-Shop for all your business strategy needs. You will find SKCI’s 5 Key Questions (5KQ) of Business Strategy. Work your way through from article 5KQ 1 – 5, or dip in and out as you like. A growing library of Strategy Tools are available to download in easy to use Word and Powerpoint format.
Porter’s Generic Strategies (For Competitive Advantage) – SKCI Business Strategy Tool
Porter’s Generic Strategies (For Competitive Advantage) – SKCI Business Strategy ToolBackground Michael Porter first developed his Generic three strategies in 1980. He argued that there are only three strategies for an organisation to pursue in order to achieve a...
Porter’s Five Forces of Competition – SKCI Business Strategy Tool
Porter’s Five Forces of Competition – SKCI Business Strategy ToolBackground Professor Michael Porter first published his theory on the five forces of competition in his own work ‘Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analysing Industries and Competitors’ in 1980. His...
Kotter’s Eight Stage Change Process – SKCI Business Strategy Tool
Kotter’s Eight Stage Change Process– SKCI Business Strategy ToolBackground Dr. John Kotter published his Eight Stage Change Process in 1990. Kotter’s process provides an effective model for changing the status quo of an organisation. For almost all organisations,...